Youth Martial Arts Program
BeyondFIT Kids Program
The BeyondFIT Kids program is designed for children ages 5 to 13 to be a smile-inducing, sweat provoking and challenging GOOD TIME! It is a perfect place to start if you are looking for extracurricular activities for your child, wanting to help them get out of the house and make new friends, or even get out from behind their computer. BeyondFIT Kids uses Martial Arts exercises without the requirement of belt promotions and memorization.
BeyondFIT Kids will learn:
- following instructions
- learn to exercise
- Build new “good” habits
- Understand the difference between right and wrong
- Understand the reasons for living a healthy lifestyle
The Attitude First Martial Arts Academy (AFMAA) BeyondFIT Kids program is an energetic attitribute and skill development program for children between the ages of 5 and 13. We have built the program around three major areas of health, activity and fitness. Students learn how to use their natural skills and abilities to complete mental and physical challenges.
Some of the qualities your child will develop in our BeyondFIT Kids Program include:
• Development of fine motor skills, coordination, and symmetry
• Improvement in muscular strength and flexibility
• Understanding how to focus their attention to various motions of their body
• How to think critically about how to overcome challenges and obstacles
• How to see the benefit of hard work and dedication
• How to pay attention during extreme intellectual challenges
• Trying their hardest and putting forth 100% effort
• Believing in themselves through focus and concentration
• The importance of standing up for what is right
• Building the ability to lead others
• The ability to maintain confidence and effort when challenged by others
Our young martial artists have the opportunity to learn the American Kenpo Martial Art system. Kenpo is a self-defense system that incorporates hand strikes, kicking, submission grappling, and weapons with a realistic approach to defending oneself in a modern world. They will exercise their skills by learning Forms, Sets, and Freestyle. There will be ample opportunity to also explore competitions.
This class will help selected members achieve a champion mindset in their art and ultimately in their lives. It is designed around providing experiences that will push the member’s comfort zone of what it takes to be a Black Belt. Please note: It will affect all five fitnesses of the member’s mind, body, and spirit. Members wanting to be a part of this class must be pre-approved (and stay approved) by Mr. Robinson – it is not based on age or rank, as much as maturity, commitment, and attitude.