Teen Martial Arts Program
Teen Martial Arts Program
The Teen Martial Arts Program for 13 to 17 years of age is designed around the students who want to:
- Develop mental, emotional, and physical strength to obtain their goals
- Obtain the confidence to take the appropriate action when required
- Make goals and keep commitments; see the benefit of hard work and dedication
- Follow instructions
- Use self-awareness, self-belief, self-confidence, and self-discipline as an opportunity enhancer
- Build new “good” habits; try hard and put forth 100% effort
- Learn to exercise; see improvement in muscular strength and flexibility
- Prevent bullying in their lives
- Not allow anger to get the better of them
- Build the ability to lead others
- Believe in themselves through focus and concentration
- Understand the difference between right and wrong
- Understand the reasons for living a healthy lifestyle
- Learn how to pay attention during extreme intellectual challenges
- Defend themselves on the ground and standing up
- Develop the ability to maintain confidence and effort when challenged by others
The Attitude First Martial Arts Academy (AFMAA) Teen Martial Arts Program is an energetic and practical martial art skill development program for young men and women between the ages of 13 and 17. We have built the program around our three major areas of strength, confidence, and health. Our goal is to provide the teens entrusted to us with the understanding of discipline, protection, and empowerment. Our Teen Martial Arts Program helps these young men and women to have awareness and appropriate attitude to the situations around them while addressing the goals desired by parents.
Students learn how to use their martial art skills, techniques, sets, and forms to protect themselves from the issues, concerns, and situations that they will be confronted with as they go through 8th through 12th grade.
At AFMAA and in our Teen Martial Arts Program, belts are never given…they are only earned. Our belt system helps teens to understand responsibility, goal setting, and consequences through tangible awards. Every belt requires the student to be tested on the knowledge and skills taught in class. As we tell everyone, you are never too old to start training in the martial arts. For teens just starting out, the martial arts can give you the experiences to build great fitness levels, feel empowered, and more disciplined. It’s fun, interesting, and beneficial.
The Attitude First Martial Arts Academy (AFMAA) Teen Martial Arts Program is built around three concepts: discipline, protection, and empowerment. Traditionally these are referred to as body, mind, and spirit. Through the art of Kenpo Karate, individuals develop practical self-defense skills, leadership qualities, self-discipline, self-empowerment, great speaking skills, and more.
Physical Fitness is one of the primary reasons people join the martial arts. You don’t need to already be fit to join our classes. Our classes will help you get in the best shape of your life. Our workout programs allow you to work at your own level of fitness while continually helping you reach new goals and feel great at the same time.
We keep a pragmatic approach to self-defense in our martial art classes. Our students learn a comprehensive curriculum that includes striking, stand-up grappling, ground fighting, and weapons for self-defense as well as for competition. All these elements are carefully balanced with a practical understanding of the martial art in regard to our legal system and social values.